Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Programme
Every year, the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India conducts training courses under the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Programme. The Consulate General of India in St. Petersburg has been nominating Russian nationals for various courses in India under the ITEC programme over the past several years.
The courses offered under this programme broadly cover IT & Telecommunications, Management, Small & Medium Enterprises and Rural Development, etc. Courses on English language and in other specialized and technical fields are also being offered. Over 40 reputed Indian institutes like Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indian Institute of Mass Communications (IIMC), National Institute of Training and Standardization, National Institute of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development, The English and Foreign Language University, National University of Educational Planning and Administration, The Energy & Research Institute (TERI), to name only a few, are part of this programme. The details of the courses available for the year 2016-17 can be seen here.
The cost of return air-fare and accommodation in India would be borne by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. The participants would also be entitled to a Living and Book Allowances during their stay in India.
The application forms can be downloaded from the link below. The application forms need to be submitted in duplicate at the Consulate to the officer dealing with ITEC at least 3 months before the commencement of a chosen course, to enable completion of various formalities connected with the selection. Interested candidates should be between 25 and 45 years of age and should have basic knowledge of English language, being the medium of instruction.
ITEC Terms and Conditions
Participants will be provided with the following allowances and facilities:
- Excursion/economy class air tickets for travel from the capital city of the participant’s country to the training Institute in India and back;
- Gratis Indian Visa for the duration of the Course;
- Course fees - borne by Government of India;
- Accommodation provided by Government of India in hostel/hotel, depending on the Institute. Participants are required to pay for services availed by them such as (a) Room service, (b) Laundry, (c) Local and outstation telephone calls, fax, etc.;
- Living Allowance @ Rs. 25,000/- per month and on pro-rata basis for part thereof to meet expenditure on food, out-of-pocket expenses, etc. The allowance is calculated from the date of arrival till the date of departure;
- Disbursement of the Living Allowance will be made by the Institute on a weekly/fortnightly basis (as decided by the Institute); the participants are supposed to pay for their meal out of this allowance. In case the Institute makes arrangement for the food, a portion of the allowance will be deducted by the Institute in advance and rest will be paid to the participants. Participants may wish to bring some extra money for shopping and other dietary needs;
- Book Allowance of Rs. 5000/- for purchase of course-related books and purchase vouchers need to be submitted for reimbursement;
- Study Tour(s) as part of the Course Curriculum to familiarize with Indian culture and history and also related to the course (which is mandatory);
- Medical facility is for ailments of immediate and emergency nature occurring in India. No medical reimbursement allowed for ailments of regular/chronic nature. Participants must carry their own medicines for chronic ailments like diabetes, hypertension, etc. and have to bear the expenditure for medicines and consultation of doctors on their own.
Participants are required to obtain from the Indian Mission the contact telephone/mobile numbers of the Course Coordinator and the Institute. They must familiarize themselves with the weather conditions and the type of clothes to be carried to India.
Participants are required to conduct themselves with discipline and abide by rules, regulations and guidelines as stipulated by both the nominating Government and the Government of India.
Participants are required to complete the training Course. Request for change of Course midway would not be entertained.
Participants are required to abide by the rules of the university/institution/establishment in which the participant is selected to undergo the training as well as participate in all Course-related activities including submission of periodic assessments/tests conducted by the Institute.
Participants are to refrain from engaging in any political activity and/or any form of employment for profit or gain.
Participants are not allowed to bring along their spouses or families for the duration of the Course. No such request would be entertained by Government of India.
Participants are required to return to their countries upon completion of the training Course.
Participants who leave the Course midway without prior intimation/permission of the Ministry of External Affairs or remain absent from the Course without sufficient reasons are liable to refund the cost of training and airfare to Government of India.
Participants are taken on study tour(s) as part of their Course Curriculum to visit different heritage sites/places of interest in India. No requests for any additional private tourism, etc. will be entertained during the Course.
ITEC sponsorship could be cancelled at any time due to unsatisfactory conduct, breach of conditions of the Programme, violation of rules of the institute/university/establishment, failure to make satisfactory progress in the training Course or for other sufficient cause as determined by the Government of India.
Female participants are advised to abstain from joining training Courses if they are in family way prior to their departure for India.
ITEC Website: www.itecgoi.in
ITEC Courses: 2016-17 Brochure
Russia and ITEC
How to apply
ITEC Terms & Conditions